Acceptable Use Policy
Last update: 15th March 2021
We’re proud of the trust you have placed in us. In exchange, we trust you to use sudoHERO Services (“Services“) responsibly. This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our website, make contact with other users of the Services, link to our website, or interact with our website in any other way.
Who we are and how to contact us
https://sudohero.com/ is a site operated by Supportify Technologies Pte Ltd. We are registered in Singapore under company number 202102474R and have our registered office at 68 CIRCULAR ROAD #02-01 SINGAPORE (049422).
To contact us, please email help@sudoHERO.com
By using our site you accept these terms
By using our site and the Services, you confirm that you accept the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our Terms of Service also apply to your use of our site and Services.
We may make changes to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site and the Services, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 15th March 2021 when we changed clauses “Breach of this policy”.
Asking good questions (and providing good answers!)
Our mission is to provide developers who need help with instant access to Experts who can resolve their issues. In order to make it work, put yourself in the person on the other side of the screen’s shoes when asking or answering a question. For example, try to:
- Introduce yourself and what you do briefly. It is nice! And it also brings valuable context.
- Limit your question to specifics: a question that leads to several back and forth questions is probably too vague to be answered on the platform. Our Services are not designed to build entire projects.
- Technical questions can be difficult to ask: give as much context about what you do, what you have tried and why.
- Technical questions can be difficult to answer too: please provide as much detail as possible and bear in mind that the person on the other side of the screen is unlikely to have the same knowledge, expertise, background or command of a specific language. Be kind!
How you use our Services
You agree not to misuse our Services or help anyone else to do so. For example, you must not do, or even try to do, any of the following in connection with the Services:
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network.
- Use inappropriate behavior & language
- Breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven’t been invited to;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms of Service [link to Terms of Service]
- Interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services, or knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk);
- Send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- Send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- Promote or advertise products or services;
- Abuse referrals or promotions to get more discounted questions than deserved or to sell discounted questions received from referrals or promotions;
- Publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that contain extreme acts of violence or terrorist activity, including terror propaganda;
- Advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or impairment;
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- Harass or abuse sudoHERO personnel or representatives or agents performing services on behalf of sudoHERO;
- Violate the law in any way, including publishing or sharing material that’s fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading;
- Violate privacy of others or infringe their rights, including their identity and intellectual property;
- Offer payments or any form of communication outside of the Services.
- Promote your answers or any sudoHERO content via the Google Ads platform or any other Ad platform;
- Buy, sell or share sudoHERO accounts;
- Create a false identity on sudoHERO, misrepresent your identity, create a sudoHERO profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; or
- Create multiple accounts.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms of Service upon which you are permitted to use our site and the Services, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site or the Services.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.